A. The Promoter
Fiverr International Ltd. (herein sometimes, “Fiverr”, “we,” “us” or “our”), located at 8 Eliezer Kaplan Street, Tel Aviv, 6473409 Israel.
1. Participation will be open from Wednesday, March 11, 2020 /11:00 am (EST) to Monday, April 13th, 2020/11:59 pm (PST).
2. Participation in the contest is free of charge. To enter the contest, you must fill out all fields in the submission form and submit your video game idea. In the submission form, you will be asked to fill in your name, email address, basic information of your video game (name, short description, genre, etc.), and other details as may be required.
3. The submission forms will be judged by a panel of judges who will select the successful applications based on those it considers to best demonstrate the following criteria: Creativity, Playability, Marketability, Fulfillment, and Accessibility.
4. By participating in the contest, you accept and agree to be bound and abide by these Official Contest Rules and the reasonable decisions of the judges, which are final and binding in all matters.
1. The contest is open to all persons who are 18 years old or older, except:
- a. employees of Fiverr or its holding or subsidiary companies;
- b. employees of agents or suppliers of Fiverr or its holding or subsidiary companies, who are professionally connected with the contest or its administration; or
- c. members of the immediate families or households of (a) and (b) above.
2. In entering the contest, you confirm that you are eligible to do so and eligible to claim any prize you may be awarded. Fiverr may require you to provide proof that you are eligible to enter the contest.
3. Fiverr will not accept entries that:
- a. use a false name or e-mail address;
- b. are automatically generated by a computer or software;
- c. are completed by third parties or in bulk;
- d. are illegible, have been altered, reconstructed, forged or tampered with; or
- e. are incomplete.
4. There is a limit of one submission per video game idea. Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted. You may submit a video game idea as a team.
5. Fiverr reserves all rights to disqualify you if your conduct is contrary to the spirit or intention of the contest.
6. By submitting a submission form, you undertake that any content delivered to Fiverr in the scope of the contest may not: (a) contain any material that is defamatory, obscene, profane or offensive; (b) contain any material that is unsuitable artistic and technical quality; (c) contain any false, unsubstantiated or unwarranted claims for any product or services; (d) contain any false or misleading statement or representation; (e) advertise any habit-forming drug, tobacco product, weapon, firearm or ammunition; (f) violate the rights of any person, entity, firm or corporation, including intellectual property rights and any copyright; (g) disparage or libel any competitor’s products, or; (h) depict the consumption of alcoholic beverages in violation of applicable law.
D. The Contest
1. The contest winner/s will be chosen as follows:
- a. First, five (5) winners will be selected by a panel of internal Fiverr judges and the gamer “Blaze”.
- b. Second, from such 5 winners, one (1) final winner will be selected by Fiverr judges and the gamer “Blaze”.
2. Fiverr will elect the contest judges at its sole discretion, and the decision of such judges is final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
3. The contest winners will be announced via Fiverr’s social media channels and on ultimategameidea.com] as follows:
- a. The 5 winners will be announced by April 30, 2020 /9:00 am EST.
- b. The final winner will be announced by May 15, 2020 /9:00am EST.
4. We reserve the right to extend or change any deadline periods.
1. The contest winners will receive:
- a. The 5 winners will receive $1,000 in “Fiverr Credits” to be used solely for the purpose of branding their video game.
- b. The final winner will receive:
- (b)i. $25,000 in “Fiverr Credits” to be used solely for the purpose of building or finishing their video game; and
- (b)ii. their final video game promoted in Time Square, New York City and at Madison Square Garden, New York City.
“Fiverr Credits” are credits that can be used only for orders on the Fiverr’s website: Fiverr.com. For more information about Fiverr Credits see Fiverr Platform’s Terms of Service.
2. Prizes are as stated and must be accepted as awarded. Prizes may not be exchanged for cash value. All taxes, duties, fees or other expenses associated with the prize are the sole responsibility of the winner.
3. Fiverr Credits may be voided in the event of fraud, misuse, or violation of these Official Contest Rules. Fiverr reserves the right to modify or cancel the Fiverr Credits program at any time. If a winner or Fiverr deactivate or suspend such winner’s Fiverr account, any unused Fiverr Credits in their account will be forfeited.
4. To receive a prize, each winner agrees to:
- a. complete, sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release; and
- b. create an account on fiverr.com.
5. A winner’s prize will be forfeited upon the occurrence of any of the following: (i) failure of the winner to confirm acceptance of the prize and return any required documents within three (3) days of prize notification by us; (ii) failure of the winner to create an account on fiverr.com within three (3) days of prize notification by us; or (iii) determination by us that winner is ineligible or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Contest Rules.
6. In the event of prize forfeiture, Fiverr’s judges may select an alternative winner among the eligible applicants, based on the same selection criteria.
F. Limitation of Liability
Insofar as is permitted by law, Fiverr, and all its respective officers, directors, employees, representatives, and agents, will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate any participant or winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prizes or participation in this contest., except where it is caused by the negligence of Fiverr. Any statutory rights are not affected.
G. Intellectual property rights
1. Fiverr does not claim any rights of ownership in your submission materials.
2. All winners (either in the top 5 or the final winner) agree that Fiverr may, but is not required to, use their name, picture, portrait, video entry, likeness and voice for advertising and promotional purposes without further compensation, in connection with any publicity relating to the contest and/or the Ultimate Game Idea campaign.
3. You agree to grant Fiverr a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable license, for the full period of any intellectual property rights in your submission entry, to use, display, publish, transmit, copy, edit, alter, store, re-format and sub-license the submission entry for such purposes.
H. Data Protection
2. Fiverr will process your personal data included in the submission form:
- a. for the purposes of running, judging and administering the contest, which is necessary for the purposes of compliance with our obligations under the contract between us; and
- b. if you are one of the winners, for the purposes of reasonable promotion and marketing of Fiverr relating to this contest, and for the purposes of promoting your video game, both of which are necessary for the purposes of legitimate interests pursued by Fiverr.
I. Winners’ Future Participation in Fiverr’s Marketing Activities
You agree that if you are selected as a winner (either in the top 5 or the final winner), you will agree to any reasonable requests Fiverr may make that you provide comments about Fiverr to the press without further compensation, in connection with any publicity relating to the contest and/or the Ultimate Game Idea campaign.
J. Cancellation of the Contest – Changes of Terms
We reserve the right to cancel the contest and/or change the Official Contest Rules should circumstances so require, at any time, without notice nor obligation to justify our decision and we will not be held responsible for it.